30 6 / 2012
Nodester CLI Reaches 1.0 Status!
We are happy to announce that the Nodester CLI (command line interface) has officially reached 1.0 status! At the time of this article, we are actually on v1.0.2 which now supports Node.JS version 0.8.1 by default!
Here is a list of the updates:
- nodester app delete -> nodester app destroy (Because delete is reserved word in js) Almost every delete action is now destroy.
- nodester app list: Alias to nodester apps (or viceverza)
- nodester authors: Show the contributors for this tool.
- Shorthands: e.g nodester app l maps to nodester app logs.
- Better help with headers and stuff.
- JSHint code lint (All code is valid js)
- Use of “use strict”
- Partial node-0.8.1
- Travis support
- Bump to 1.0.0.
- New “Hello World” app
- More useful nodester app init command. Now it let you to choose between hello world or autoudpate remote (default to nodester)
- Also no more “You need to restart your app” after npm installs
- New Api nodester client with this command you are now able to interact with your personal instance easily. Running just nodester client set <endpoint> <brand> will setup your instance. Really useful.
The new CLI also walks you through deploying your app from scratch or as an existing application. See below:
$ nodester app create 081
nodester info creating app: 081 server.js
nodester info successfully created app 081 to will run on port 19144 from server.js
nodester info run nodester app init 081 to setup this app.
nodester info ok!
$ nodester app init 081
nodester info What do you want to do:
(1) Setup a new app from scratch?
(2) You just want to setup your existent app?
note: if you choose 2 be sure that you are into your app’s dir
nodester info initializing git repo for 081 into folder 081
nodester warn this will take a second or two
nodester info cloning your new app in 081
nodester info clone complete
nodester info writing the default configuration
nodester info processing the initial commit
nodester info Nodester!
remote: _ _
remote: _ __ ___ __| | ___ ___| |_ ___ _ __
remote: | ‘_ \ / _ \ / _ |/ _ \ __| __/ _ \ ‘__|
remote: | | | | (_) | (_| | __\__ \ |_ __/ |
remote: |_| |_|\___/ \__,_|\___|___/\__\___|_|
remote: Open Source Node.js Hosting Platform
remote: Syncing repo with chroot
remote: From /node/git/topher/10991-985dc656de547235fe586e3debb0ce6b
remote: * [new branch] master -> origin/master
remote: Attempting to restart your app: 10991-985dc656de547235fe586e3debb0ce6b
remote: App restarted..
remote: \m/ Nodester out \m/
* [new branch] master -> master
nodester info 081 started.
nodester info Some helpful app commands:
nodester app info
nodester app logs
nodester app stop|start|restart
nodester info ok!
Permalink 2 notes